Suggested Day/Family walks
- CLICK HERE to check Country Fire Authority Warnings before walking.
- CLICK HERE to check Dept of Environment, Land, Water & Planning Warnings before walking.
- CLICK HERE to check current weather before walking.
- CLICK HERE to check weather forecasts before walking.
Day family walks on or close to the Wallaby Track include:
- A walk between Buninyong and Mount Buninyong
- A walk between Buninyong and Ballarat
- A walk from Ballarat to the edge of the Creswick State Forest.
- Any walk starting at Slaty Creek or St Georges Lake.
- Open country walking between Dean and Mollongghip.
- Forest walk between Mollongghip and Wombat Station.
- Any walk in either direction from Sailors Falls. (The steps from the picnic ground to the bottom of the falls and to the lower spring are closed for re-construction – PLEASE READ)
- A walk from Daylesford toward Sailors Falls.
Day /family walks on or close to the Dry Diggings Track include:
- Any walk between Vaughan and Fryerstown or Fryerstown and Castlemaine and Spring Gully.
- A walk in either direction from Hepburn Springs.
- A walk in either direction from Tipperary Springs or the Blow Hole car park.
- A walk up Mt Franklin.
Day/family walks on or close to the Leanganook Track include:
- Walks in the vicinity of Mt Alexander summit.
- Walks in the vicinity of Chewton.
- Walks along the exisitng Bendigo Bushland Trail towards One Tree Hill.
Day/family walks on or close to the Lerderderg Track include:
- Walks in the vicinity of Blackwood towards Garden of St Erth or down the Lerderderg River valley.
- Walks in starting from O’Briens Crossing.
Page last updated 01 March 2017