Suggested Day/Family walks
- CLICK HERE to check Country Fire Authority Warnings before walking.
- CLICK HERE to check Dept of Environment, Land, Water & Planning Warnings before walking.
- CLICK HERE to check current weather before walking.
- CLICK HERE to check weather forecasts before walking.
Day family walks on or close to the Eureka Track include:
- Between Buninyong and Mount Buninyong.
- Between Buninyong and Ballarat.
- From Ballarat to the edge of the Glen Park State Forest along the Yarrowee River.
- Any walk starting at Slaty Creek or St Georges Lake.
Day family walks on or close to the Wallaby Track include:
- The Creswick Heritage Walk (8.5km circuit).
- From St Georges Lake to the Spence Hut Site via the former Koala Park.
- Open country walking between Dean and Mollongghip.
- Forest walk between Mollongghip and Wombat Station.
- Any walk in either direction from Sailors Falls.
- A walk from Daylesford toward Sailors Falls.
- A circuit of Lake Daylesford.
Day /family walks on or close to the Dry Diggings Track include:
- In either direction from Tipperary Springs or the Blow Hole car park along Sailors Creek.
- In either direction from Hepburn Springs.
- A walk up Mt Franklin.
- From Vaughan Springs southwards – historic gold-mining landscape.
- Any walk between Vaughan and Fryerstown, or Fryerstown, Spring Gully and Castlemaine.
Day/family walks on or close to the Leanganook Track include:
- Around the historic town of Chewton.
- Near the Garfield Water Wheel, Chewton.
- In the vicinity of Leanganook Camping Ground, Dog Rocks Saddle and Mt Alexander summit.
- Walks along the exisitng Bendigo Bushland Trail towards One Tree Hill.
Day/family walks on or close to the Lerderderg Track include:
- Around Cornish Hill or Jubilee Lake, Daylesford.
- In the vicinity of Blackwood towards Garden of St Erth or down the Lerderderg River valley.
- Starting from O’Briens Crossing.
- From Mackenzie Flat along the Lerderderg River towards Graham’s Dam.
Page last updated 03 March 2018